[TRIGGER WARNING: MENSTRUATION, CISSEXISM, BODY HORROR]
This may be the ultimate in cis dude fuckery. In cis dudes thinking they know everything about everything while demonstrating that they don't know shit and horrifying the fuck out of the rest of us. If you get a period, prepare for horror.
A Male Chiropractor Thinks Women Should Literally Glue Their Labia Closed With Special Lipstick
The best (worst?) part about this is that the inventor of the snatch glue stick had the fucking audacity to be like "why didn't women every think of this? Probs because they're too distracted by their periods."
Meanwhile, over on Facebook, women are (rightfully) furious over the idea of a man who doesn't have periods of his own telling them to glue their labia shut. Commenting from the Mensez account, Dopps addressed their concerns in a comment of his own on the ad captured by Butler (sic throughout):
'Yes, I am a man and you as a woman, should have come up with a better solution than diapers and plugs, but you didn't. Reason being women are focused on and distracted by your period 25% of the time, making them far less productive than they could be. Women tend to me far more creative than men, but their periods that stifle them and play with their heads.'
Let's count up all the things about this that are fucking ridiculous.
- Cis dude thinks that people who have periods are thinking about being on their periods 24/7 while on them, including, apparently, while we're asleep.
- It doesn't occur to cis dude that we didn't think of the sticky beaver solution because the very idea is horrifying beyond all reason.
- It doesn't occur to cis dude that walking around with our labias glued together and our vajayjays full of blood sloshing around, squishing and squirshing every time we sit down might be extremely, intensely uncomfortable in a way that even the shittiest tampon would never be.
- Cis dude apparently doesn't realize that pee does not come out of the cooter and therefore could not act as an effective muff glue solvent.
- I am 100% convinced that blood absolutely would leak through this torture device because I'm familiar with the anatomy of my labia.
- Cis dude thinks he knows labias better than people who have them.
- It doesn't occur to cis dude that there are other symptoms that come with periods other than blood coming out the hoo-ha, some of which would not go well with having our hot pockets plugged up for hours.
- It doesn't occur to cis dude that all I and every other period-haver can think of is sneezing.
- "Mensez Technologies" sounds less like "menses" and more like "men says."
- There is a thing called a menstrual cup that does essentially the same thing with none of the horror of having one's twat glued shut.
There may be more but I just ahhhhh I gotta go think about something else.