It says "Welcome home, Yamit." People thought it was in Arabic and called the sheriff's office to report a "terror message."
Lowering the Bar makes some really good points about how ridiculous this is.
- You are not necessarily in danger just because you see something you don't recognize.
- The risk that you will be in the danger zone of a terror attack is incredibly low overall.
- It's probably even lower in Gardner, Louisiana, not known to be high on the list of ISIS targets.
- If it were, the terrorists probably would not warn you or communicate with each other by putting up signs.
- And if they just wanted to terrorize you with signs, they wouldn't write them IN ARABIC.
American Islamophobia. Always funny. Unless you're Muslim.