I was a kid in the 90's, so I'll break this down for all of you.
- You can still find Blink 182, New Found Glory, and Green Day on the radio, and they suck just as much now as they did back then.
- There were pop artists in the 90's that were just as spoiled and awful as Justin and Rebecca.
- Everyone did have computers, they just didn't do as much and were slow as hell, and it was awful.
- Landlines were also awful. Be glad you can call someone if you car breaks down in the middle of nowhere.
- Those denim jackets and skirts were awful.
- People wore "skimpy" shirts and belly shirts back then, too. Stop the shaming.
- Kids cared more about popularity and sex than music in the 90's. Also all those things are and were wrapped up in one another.
- My parents didn't let me stay out until dark back then.
- 90's sitcoms were better, I'll admit it.
- Punks were never the cool kids.
- People caked themselves in foundation back then, plus all other kinds of makeup. I rarely saw boys wearing eyeliner. That was never a thing.
- People were not happy with themselves in the 90's. They were just as miserable and self-hating as they are now.
I'm taking this post to task because I get so tired of people romanticizing the past. Not only are they always wrong about almost everything. let's not forget about the negatives of the 90's. Like when no one in the US was allowed to marry someone of the same sex. When I hadn't even heard of trans and non-binary people. When we didn't have nearly as much access to the Internet, so if you were different than everyone in your community somehow, you didn't have support systems like Tumblr or access to information about yourself, whether you had a non-traditional gender identity or a mental illness. Also, you couldn't even order pizza online.
Most people who say they were born in the wrong era are saying that they wish they had been born a decade or more earlier. Which means that most of these people have a lot of unexamined privilege. The rest of us wish we had been born quite a bit later.